Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Brakes are repaired!

Let the Fun? begin!

The tire is removed, getting ready to remove the Caliper, which we found to be faulty and needing replacement.

My BEST BUD, Gary Smith!   We have known each other since 5th grade. Yep...that's going way back. Without his expertise I wouldn't know where to start.

Thank you my bud for being there for me.

I owe you big time!

After replacing the caliper and the pads on the driver side, we moved over to the passenger side to replace the pads. The coach shows 38,000 some miles and the pads weren't even half worn. The decision to replace them anyway was a wise one and will never be regretted.

The brake pads.

Sorry....didn't think to take a picture of the caliper.

Along with being serious when needed, Gary is really a funny guy. He suggested we take the tires off with a "chain saw"!

Yikes..... gotta chuckle out of that one!

After a job well done.....some refreshment is well deserved!

After a trial run to test the brakes.....we are now parked for the night next to his pole barn. It's so beautiful and quiet at night at his home in the country.

Gary brings some firewood for a campfire. We will enjoy each others company and friendship for many hours around the fire.

Preparing the campfire.

He has many, many years of experience at this and in 2 minutes we had a fire. What a guy!

Cheryl, Gary's wife came out to join us around the fire. Gary and I lasted until 2am before we called it a night and "hit the hay". The sky was just filled with stars, no moon, and for a bonus...4 meteors were watched going across the sky. So quiet and peaceful. When I went to bed I believe I was sleeping a minute after my head hit the pillow.

This was a great way to end a great day! Only one thing was missing.....my hon....I missed her, but she had some work back at the house to get done and felt it was necessary to get it done.

A panoramic view of their garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment