Sunday, September 16, 2007

Rifle River Camp Out

Thursday, September 13, 2007

We arrived at Rifle River around 3pm, Gary & Cheryl already had their camp set up. They arrived about 3 hours prior. Boy oh boy...did they ever get us a great camp site. It seemed that we were the only ones in the park.

A few hours after we arrived, Joe & Diane arrived. Poor Diane was stressed pretty bad as they just spent at least an hour in traffic. An accident on I-75 delayed them. Plus she told us that a couple days ago, Steven, their son, had removed their rear tire to inspect the brakes and noticed the tire had a large slice on the inner sidewall. So they had to purchase a new tire. Thank God he spotted the slice....that could have been a blow out for sure!

First thing for Joe to unload......FIREWOOD. More Wood Joe, More Wood.
(This is a standing joke among us, and I know that he is laughing as he reads this)

We had a great fire and as the evening progressed the wind picked up and we all turned in early.

Friday, Sept. 14th.

The day started with sunny skies and no wind. Perfect for a walk in the Campground.

Had to take some shots of the 6 of us together.

As we walked around the campground, we found this tree.
Wilma stood in front of it so you could get an idea of it's size.

We arrived at the River and had a sit on the dock to take it all in and relax a bit.

Heading back to the Camp, had to go up "The Hill"

Along the trail back to the Camp, Wilma spots a beautiful wild flower.

Just before dinner, Wilma goes for a bike ride.

All set, ready to go.

Say good bye...and be safe!

When they returned we all sat down for a great dinner of chili, brats, and an assortment of other dishes. Thanks Diane for the great Chili. Thanks Gary & Cheryl for preparing the peppers to spice up the chili.

Afterward we sat around the fire until the eye-lids said it was time to go to bed.
Saturday, September 15th.

Wilma was first to arise and decided to take a walk around the campground.

The "Chapel in the Woods"
There are 5 campgrounds owned by the organization we belong to and each one has a Chapel.

Our campsite. Wilma & I are in the middle.

Later in the morning everyone decided to go for a ride and see a friend of ours cottage on a river near our campground. He really has a beautiful place.
This is the road coming toward the river.

Dave's dock and looking up stream of the river.

We left and headed to the Eagles Lodge for lunch.

Back at the Campground a game of "Washers" was in order.

Evening came, so did the campfire.
Campfire pies and sandwiches were on order.
Mmm Good!
Sunday, September 16

After breakfast we started getting ready to head for home. Joe & Diane left first, we took our time no big hurry to get home. About a half hour before we left, the cell phone rang. It was Diane; they were broke down on the side of I-75 with a burned out wheel bearing on the trailer. A tow truck on the way.
As we left the campground and headed home we kept an eye out for them. When I saw them I pulled over. Joe said they were taking it to an RV repair facility a few miles down the road and he would be picking it up later in the week. They both were alright so we pulled away and headed home.
Gary being retired decided to stay until Thursday, enjoying the area.
He and Cheryl were planning a bike ride the next day and enjoying the peace of the campground.

Yet another great week-end with friends. Many laughs and a good time was had by all.
Another adventure in our lives.
Come back again....until then, God Bless & keep you safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment