Sunday, April 6, 2008

After a week of work.

I just put in 6 straight days of "working for the man". Have to say it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, but I did think of retirement each and every day!

A number of days I asked myself, "What the heck am I doing living in this state?" I didn't even see the sun until Friday! Grey overcast days, temps in the mid 40's to mid 50's. Today was the best day of the week and it got all the way up to 59 Degrees! WOW! Even the sun shined all day.

We are both back in our regular routine. Wilma's ankle is giving her problems. Probably a re-occurring strain from a bad one she got while we were in Wyoming a few years ago. Yesterday when I got home from work she could hardly walk. Today it is getting better as she has been on it for half the day wearing her brace.

Angel had 2 evenings of classes at the college this past week, so I got to play checkers with Brooke. It is getting harder to beat her, she is really improving from when we first started playing together. Angel and Wilma both told me she really looks forward to the evenings she can play checkers with her Pa. Kind of makes me feel pretty special.

Tomorrow after supper the whole family will be coming over to our house to celebrate Rebecca's 8th. birthday. Cake and ice cream for everyone! Will have some pictures to post along with a blog entry tomorrow evening afterward, or maybe Tuesday evening for sure. So come back again to see how all are doing.

Until then be safe and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment