Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lawnmowers Ready for the Summer.

This morning started out with sunny blue skies. Temps in the mid 60's. Perfect I thought for getting the lawn mower out of storage and ready for the summer cutting.

Angel mentioned a couple days ago that her lawn mower won't start. I told her it had the same problem that Tina's mower had. They have a plastic carburetor and for some reason only last a few years, well, maybe 5, maybe 7 don't know for sure but not really long enough. I paid to have Tina's fixed years ago at a price that I won't spend again, seeing how the mower only lasted another 3 years after the new carb. was put on. With this knowledge I told Angel to trash the mower. It's age makes it not worth fixing.

So after I oiled up the linkages and put fresh gas in my Toro...pulled the cord a couple times and it fired up. GREAT! This will be Angels new mower now. I'm sure she will appreciate using a quality mower, and I know she will take good care of it.

Tina on the other hand had acquired a small electric mower. Wow what a neat little mover! No gas, just sharpen the blade. Perfect for her. HOWEVER....it won't cut the thick turf at Angels home. I say this because Angel asked Tina if she could borrow it to cut her lawn prior to getting my Toro. She said it seemed to light and wouldn't cut the thick grass.

So when I took the Toro over to Angels, I brought back Tina's electric mower. Now you have to picture what took place next. And Don't Laugh Too Hard.

As I am the proud owner of a "luxury 1997 Saturn Wagon" the size of this car won't allow anything to be put in it except groceries. So I had to keep the hatch back open as I transported these lawn mowers. Taking the Toro over to Angels was no problem at all. BUT bringing back the little light weight electric mower was. As I was getting ready to pull out of their side street, onto a 5 lane 50 mile per hour highway....the darn mower decided to "jump" out of the car! Darn....there it sat in the middle of the highway! Lucky for me that being Sunday Morning there was no traffic at the moment. Slamming on the brakes I ran back and put it back in the Saturn. This time making sure it was in as far as it could go. Made it back home without any problems, just a bent wheel that I was able to straighten as good as new.

Now in all my years of driving I have only had one other piece of furniture decide to jump onto the highway. I figured I had learned my lesson on that one long ago. But NO...I had to repeat it again. Dang it I hate it when that happens!

Anyway, as Tina will be moving into the same Mobil Home Park as Angel is in, the lawn is much nicer than the park Tina moved from. So I'm figuring the electric mower won't work for her either. Guess I'll be in the market for a new gas mower for Tina.

Give to one you have to be fair and give to the other. Don't mind as I'm still working and can afford it for her.

At 1:30pm Wilma, I and Dakota were to have lunch with my side of the family. Catherine and Scott were in town and wanted to get together before she left for her home "up north". We all met at Dimitri's family restaurant on 23 mile rd. and Hayes. We had a great lunch "get together" and Dakota enjoyed his time with Austin and Nathan, his second cousins.

We ended the day lounging around the home. Another great "Adventure" in our lives.

Come back again, be safe and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment