Friday, July 10, 2009

Getting ready to leave Virginia Beach

Wilma wanted to pick up some last minute gifts, so this morning after breakfast we headed out to Walgreen's. I am not into souvenirs but Walgreen's sure beats out the shops along the beach.

We were going to lay around the pool today, but my sunburn tells me to stay away from the pool and sun. So instead we are planning on our trip back home under the awning in the shade. Had "Sleeze Sally" find us the fastest way AVOIDING toll roads. I just can't see paying close to $95.00 on our return trip like I did coming here. The PA turnpike being the worst. (I guess I didn't do my homework prior to leaving home!)

Looks like we only add about 50 miles to the trip. That is about 7 extra gallons of fuel....what, around $18.00 more in fuel costs VS. the tolls. You just know what I'm going to do don't ya!

Called a Crackle Barrel along the route where I figure we will be at the end of the driving day. Asked the manager if he would allow us to stay in his parking lot overnight. "No problem at all, but we cannot be held responsible" was his answer. So it looks like we will be staying at his place tomorrow night and getting a fresh breakfast from Crackle Barrel in the morning.

We know there won't be Internet available for the travel home, so this will be the last post until I get home on Monday or Tuesday the latest. That's when all the pictures will be posted also.

So Wilma and I ask that you keep us in your prayers for a safe trip home. We thank you.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment