Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mom is now with God.

This morning at 6am the sky was dark with rain clouds, and there was a slight sprinkle as I sat on our deck having my first cup of coffee and thinking what today will be like. I prayed the rain would hold off until the end of the day. My prayer was answered. It's 8:30pm and still no rain.

The funeral for my Mom is now over. Her tired body is now in its final resting place, her soul in heaven with God the Father.

I just returned home from my last check on Dad for the day. He seems to be doing ok, but I'm going to be checking on him every day, just as my sister Judy is.

Dad was almost overwhelmed at how many friends and family came to the funeral home during the 5 hour visitation yesterday evening. His words..."the flowers, look at all the flowers, and the people, look at all the people". I guess he didn't expect any flowers as it was requested in the obituary in the local paper that in lieu of flowers one may contribute to the St. Jude Hospital for Children, or the St. John Hospice.

It was truly beautiful and touching seeing everyone that had known of my Mom. She was a loved lady by many in her 81 years of life here on Earth, and I feel blessed she was my Mom.

The Funeral Mass, and words spoken at the Cemetery were also touching and beautiful.

Now for the next few days, maybe weeks, I will be helping Dad get a handle on all the loose ends that have to be taken care of.

I also wish to extend my thanks to those who read my Blog, that have sent me and my family their well wishes and prayers. You also have touched my heart in such a wonderful way. I feel you are now part of my family. Thank you all and God Bless you.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

1 comment: