Sunday, August 9, 2009

Campfires, and Thunder

As Wilma left Thursday for Kentucky to attend her 40th. class reunion....oooops she might kill me for saying how many years its been since graduating from high school.... ;>)
I had planned on taking the Motor Home over to my best buddy, Gary's, home for the week end.

I arrived around 5pm Friday. Cheryl and Gary had the steaks on the grill and we all sat down to a great dinner. Afterward we built a campfire and Gary and I enjoyed it until 3am. when we had to call it quits and go to bed.

Seems we have our best heart to heart talks when we are the only ones around the campfire. And knowing him since I was 10 years old, we are as close as blood brothers.

The slow rain started around 8am Saturday and didn't stop until around 4pm. What a great rain for the farmers, nice and slow and steady.

The sun came out and we fired up the grill again for the hamburger dinner for this evening. After dinner we all went back to the campfire and before long a neighbor stopped by for awhile. Had a few laughs with him, man what a character. He had to leave for home as his dinner was ready. Then Gary's brother Al and his wife Debbie joined us at the fire. Not long after that, Cheryl's brother stopped and enjoyed the fire also, along with the liquid beverages that were available.

Around midnight there was thunder and lightening in the distance headed our way. We enjoyed the light show along with the campfire until 1am when the first few drops of rain were felt. That's when I retired to my motor home for the night. By 1:30am it started raining quite hard. The lightening and thunder were tremendous. It was constant boom, boom, boom, until 3:30am.

Gray's power went out a couple times, his generator started so his home was not affected. I was plugged into the pole barn. I guess I must have fallen asleep because I was awoke breathing hard as my Apnea machine had stopped.

Not wanting that to happen again, I got up and found my inverter. Plugged it into the 12 volt DC plug then plugged my Apnea machine into it. Now the ac power from Gary's pole barn can go on and off and I won't be affected.

Nodded back off to sleep and was awoke by the sunshine of today around 9am.

It was a warm 90 degrees and high humidity today, so after arriving back home around 2pm I unloaded the motor home, and turned on the air in the house.

Tonight I plan on getting a good night sleep with the air on, as the alarm at 4:40am will surely wake me up for another day of work tomorrow.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment