Monday, August 31, 2009

Getting ready for the Family Reunion

I have been pretty busy the last few days. Having many things to get done before we leave for Kentucky for Wilma’s family reunion.

Saturday had perfect weather for working outdoors. First off I had to find the leak in the Motorhome. While at the Air show last weekend we had a few showers pass through. The water leak was somewhere on the passengers side front, above the windshield. So with a close look at the roof area I noticed that the yellow lights above the windshield looked like the spot that water might be entering. A couple hours later I had removed them and installed new rubber gaskets behind them. A little sealant was added behind the gaskets for an added measure. Hopefully this will end the water leak. I guess now I should get the garden hose and check my work?

Next thing on the to do list was to cut up the branches from my neighbors tree. A few weeks ago we had a bad storm go through with gusts of 50 mph winds. Needless to say, there were a few tree branches that could not withstand that kind of wind. The neighbor across the street from my home had his Maple tree land on top of his home. It was just removed this past week. I presume there was a problem with his homeowners insurance company for the reason the tree was on top of his home for nearly 3 weeks! Anyway, my neighbor behind me had just a few small limbs fall into his yard from his tree, and thought I might like them for fire wood. So after being on a ladder working on the Motorhome the past couple hours, I decided it was time to cut up those tree limbs into fire wood size.

Next thing on the to do list….cut the grass. An hour and a half later that job was completed. Man O Man I can tell this body isn’t one of a 25 year old anymore! The muscles are stiffening up.

Talked to Dad last night on the phone. He seems to be keeping busy with my brother and sisters. That’s a good thing seeing that its been just over a  month now since Mom passed away. He told me that he is getting confused a little on the bills he is receiving for all the past hospital services for Mom. So today after a hair cut, then an oil change in the car, I will be heading over to see him and go over the bills with him. I think he will feel a little bit more at ease if I keep track of all the bills. That way I can explain them to him instead of him trying to figure them out on his own. Anything to make his life a little easier is what makes me happy. I just can’t imagine what he is going through, being alone now after 62 years of marriage.

Later this week we, Wilma and I, will be leaving for Kentucky for her annual Family Reunion. It will be held this Saturday and we will be back home on Monday. Have to be back to work on Tuesday. So the rest of the week we will be busy getting ready to leave.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning new friends... I was so sorry to read about your mom... I sure hope your dad is doing somewhat well... Sounds like you’re going to have a good time in Kentucky... Are you taking your RV? We camped in Kentucky at Dale Hollow a couple of years ago and it was so beautiful.

    Have Fun & Travel Safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donna for your comment today. We will not be taking the RV on this trip as it will be only a 5 day total trip. The local motel in town has very cheap rates, it will cost less than the fuel for the MH. So we have decided to stay at the motel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have fun in Kentucky. Beautiful state. Five generations of my family are from Kentucky.

    See Ya

    ReplyDelete