Sunday, September 27, 2009

Computer up and running

It started around 7am this morning. Backing up the files and folders Wilma felt she just had to have.

Then came the dreaded "system restore" to clean out the virus, or whatever it was. Notice I said was.

The restore program gave me a choice to do a full or partial restore. The full restore completely deletes everything on the disc, the partial leaves some of the programs on (Firefox) was one of them, however all the bookmarks were gone. The complete process including the bazillian updates took a little under 5 hours. You would think there would be a better and quicker way, and I have cable internet. I couldn't imagine anyone being able to do this on a dial up connection.

After that I went out and cut the grass, mulching up the leaves that have fallen already. I don't know why I felt it was important to "get - er - done" now as starting about 3am the weather man says we are going to get 45 mph winds as a cold front drops down from Canada. I guess that will be enough wind to drop the rest of the leaves.

After the lawn chores it was couch potato time, or more like shut eye time. Finally sitting outside on the swing listening to the crickets and enjoying this fall evening. Quiet, still, not a breeze moving any leaves on the trees, just a perfect evening. And to think within 6 hours there is going to be a major change in weather.

Nothing else going on. Back to work in the morning ;-(

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted you to know that I am following your Blog. Looking forward to follow your winter trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Thank You Vera for following my Blog. I will also start following yours.
    Don't think I will be going on any winter trips this year but really would like to next winter after retirement.
    Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete