Saturday, October 10, 2009

Garage Sale Is OVER

Wilma and I both are thankful the garage sale is over with. Thursday the weather was ok for a garage sale. Had a few people show  up. Wilma was hoping for about twice the amount of customers.

                                            Savannah, our youngest Grand-daughter “assists” Nana with her Garage Sale.   

Friday was a wash out. Literally. We had a slow rain all day long and into the evening. Wilma had a soar back. I blamed it on sitting out in the cool weather all day the day before. So I told her to go inside the house and rest and I would run the garage sale for her. She accepted and I retrieved the laptop and moved into the Motorhome. I had a good view of the driveway and only had to leave the warmth of the Motorhome for a handful of people braving the rainy weather to purchase our “fine garage sale items”.

Today however with the sun shinning we had a successful day. Cleared out about half of what we started with. Of course we cut all the prices in half also. Better to give someone a terrific deal than to pack up the items and haul all of it the the Charities.

Now Wilma says she is going to watch the weather and if it looks like a nice day next Thursday she may open again. OH NO….Not trusting on the weathermen again! So I’ll just go along with my beautiful wife and agree with her. After that though the really good stuff will go on Craigslist.com and the rest will go to several charities.

Until our next adventure, be safe and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment