Sunday, December 27, 2009

Another Family Christmas Celebration

Today we celebrated our annual Christmas Celebration with my family, meaning my father, brother, and both sisters, along with their families.

DSC_0003 We started with a reservation at 1:00pm at Michael's Kitchen. A great family restaurant with great food at a great price.

 

 

 

DSC_0004

The Grandkids had a table to themselves, with the supervision of Aunt Angel.

Fed 7 for only $42.00 and two Grandkids took home a left over.

 

 

DSC_0005

 

From the restaurant we all went over to my brother Ken’s home, where we were met with this wonderful desert table they had prepared.

 

 

DSC_0006

 

Opapa, as my Grandkids call my father, was the first to receive a gift from my daughter Angel and her daughter Brooke.

 

 

So from the eldest to the youngest, gifts were exchanged along with much conversations, joking and laughing.

DSC_0040

 

Let me introduce Hayden, around 5 weeks old now. He is the second Grandson of my Brother Ken, and the youngest addition to the family.

 

 

DSC_0123

 

He is the first child to Melissa and Nick, Brother Ken’s daughter and son-in-law.

What proud parents they are!

 

We were only missing a few members of the family. Tina, my daughter was home with a bad sore throat and her daughter Haley who stayed home to take care of  mom.

Also my sister Judy’s son Derek. Along with his wife Veronica and daughter Marissa. He just returned home from Afganistan and is in California with his family. He will be here in Michigan in early January.

I just felt that we needed to take some family photo’s… so here are some of my family.

DSC_0098

 

Starting on the left is Judy, Catherine, Dad, Me and Ken.

 

 

Dad, myself, Judy and Ken were all born in the month of May. Except for Dad of course, we were all born exactly 2 years apart. Judy being 2 years younger than me, and Ken being 4 years younger than me.  So by the end of May we were all pretty tired of birthday cake every year growing up. ;-)  Catherine came exactly 10 years after I was born but in the month of August.

DSC_0158

 

Here I am with my wonderful wife Wilma.

Sometimes know as “The Flintstones”.  ;-)

 

 

DSC_0142

 

Then comes Judy with her friend Steve.

 

 

 

DSC_0153

 

Next is my Brother Ken and his wife Margie daughter Melissa and son Kenny.

 

 

DSC_0138

 

Finally my Sister Catherine, her husband Scott and two sons, Austin and Nathan.

 

 

DSC_0131

 

Here is Kenny with wife Jamie and son Brian. Brian is all boy and a spitten image in character to his dad, my nephew, Kenny.

 

 

DSC_0126

 

Melissa with husband Nick and new son Heyden.

 

 

 

DSC_0128

 

Angel, my daughter with her daughter Brooke.

 

 

 

Oh NO! I didn’t get a picture of my other Grandkids, Tina’s family! I’m in big trouble now….. Ok….well….my excuse has to be this. Haley, the oldest Grandchild wasn’t present. You just can’t leave anyone out now can you ? ! ? 

DSC_0259

 

So to cover myself, here they all are from a shot taken at my house on Christmas Day, along with Wilma’s brother Eddie and his wife Beth.

 

 

What a great time we all had today.

Except for missing Mom really bad Christmas evening, this has been one GREAT CHRISTMAS. How I love my family!

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to spend time at Christmas with your family... Yours is a beautiful family and it looked like fun was had by one & all... Have a super week and travel safe!

    Wishing you & your family the most joyful and Happy New Year...
    Donna

    ReplyDelete