Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ready for the New Year

This morning, the last day of 2009, sitting in my favorite chair, alone, enjoying my cup of coffee, my mind is thinking what the new year will be like for Wilma and I.

First thought is I have pretty much made up my mind that I will be retiring this year. The exact month is not known as of yet. Our Union contract expires in October, and if all goes well and they sign a contract I would like to continue until the Christmas holidays. If the talks go south and it looks like trouble for the workers, I may just retire prior the end of the contract. Time will tell, but I'm pretty sure, well almost 100% I will retire in 2010.

I now have four days off from work, and I am happy the 10 hour / 7 day work weeks have come to an end! The pay checks were great, but a ticket to an early grave is not worth it. This 59 and a half year old body tells me to slow down.

This evening, Wilma, Myself, Eddie and Beth (Wilma's brother and his wife) are going to my friend, Gary's home to celebrate New Years Eve. There is a hall in his town that has a party every year. He and his wife Cheryl have gone to it the last two years and they really enjoyed themselves. So this year we (the 6 of us) are going. No need to worry about too much adult refreshments as each of the three women do not drink. So if the "boys" consume just a little too much adult refreshments, we have  plenty of designated drivers to get back home safely. I'm really not too worried about it though because at my age I value the "day after" feeling more than the party night feeling! I HATE HANGOVERS!

Another 2 inches of snow fell last night, now I believe we have a total of 3 inches on the ground total. Not bad for this time of year. I haven't even started the snow blower yet. Oh Oh...I think I may have just jinxed myself.  ;-(

To all my blog readers, Wilma and I wish a very safe, and healthy New Year to you all.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Here comes a wish for a great 2010. Retirement is great, go for it!but be aware that it is also Hard work LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Fred and Wilma. Hope it brings nothing but good things for you :-)

    ReplyDelete