Wednesday, December 16, 2009

We are both doing fine…

We invited Dad over for dinner this evening. Wilma fixed a roast beef cooked in cream of mushroom soup. Mashed potatoes, Bushes backed beans, and bisquits. Mmm Goood!

Dad was telling us that his sight is much better in the eye that the cataract was removed. He had to put on an old pair of glasses so he could see better at a distance. So now he is troubled about his other eye. He claims the Dr. is going to tell him that he will need cataract surgery in the other eye. That his eyes are now fighting to see differently. I assured him it was because he needed an eye exam to get a correct prescription. But he just has it made up in his mind that he will have to undergo another surgery.

I won’t debate the issue with him, as I don’t really know what he is seeing out of his right eye, the one he claims has to have surgery on.

So I assured him again, if he needs the surgery to remove a cataract in his right eye then have it done. Afterward he can get an eye exam and get a new pair of glasses which he will be able to see great in.

His next Dr.’s appointment is set for this Monday. Until then Dad is pretty “up tight” with worry. He is just that kind of guy.

Me, well I’m doing ok I guess. The redness has left my eye completely. However I can’t tell if my Dr. injected a drug or plain water! No change at all to my vision.

I asked Wilma if she remembered how long it took my eye to clear up when this happened 25 years ago. She thinks it took around 9 months or so before my vision returned to normal. So….this month makes 5 months now, hopefully by April my vision should be back to normal. I guess I just have to let mother nature take care of the healing.

On January 5th. I have to go back to the eye Dr. that gave me the shot in the eye. For me this is only going to be a check up to make sure there is no hidden infection of any kind. Then I’ll hear his prognosis. I’ll then thank him for everything he has done and leave for good. I won’t be back.

I’m still working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. All the guys at work are starting to show the strain of the working. I thought it was just me because of my young age of 59! Nope, even the guys in their early 40’s are starting to complain of needing a day off.

In the meantime Wilma is holding down the fort. Getting ready for the busy Holiday, keeping the housework done, taking the grandkids to school everyday, and a hundred other things. We are both counting the days until December 23rd when I will have 4 days in a row off, and can get some much needed rest and enjoy the holiday with friends and family.

Speaking of needing rest……I’m in need of some Zzzz’s now!

Until next time, be safe and God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Coincidence.. we had Bush beans tonight too :-)
    After I had my first eye done I felt the same way as your Dad but after the second eye my sight was great. I wish the same for your Dad.
    Hopefully you can have a good rest.

    ReplyDelete