Thursday, April 22, 2010

A bit of history

Went out to dinner with Dad this evening. Upon returning to his house he showed me a picture and asked me if I knew who it was.

Of course I said. That’s a picture of your dad.  He smiled when I told him he looks like the son of the man in the picture.

 

Dad at 18 Yrs. old

 

My dad around the age of 19. He is on the left. That’s his Mother, my Grandmother, Lena in the middle. Norman, his younger brother is on the right. Norman fought in the Korean war and was wounded.

 

 

 

William Hagedorn

Here is my Grandfather, William. 

He was born on Jan. 15, 1881.

Married Lena May 21,1913.

Passed away on February 18, 1933.

I’m guessing in the picture he is about 30 years of age.

 

He died at the age of 52, when his appendix burst before he could get to a hospital. My father was only 5 years old.

Speaking of heredity and coincidences for a moment, here is something to think about. My Grandparents were married on May 21st. My father was born on May 21st. of course 14 years later. As my Grandfather died from an appendix bursting, I also had an appendix burst. BUT, I was on the operating table having it removed by a surgeon. As he handed my appendix to his assistant, it burst in her hands!

I just had to share this bit of history with you. Maybe you can see the resemblance of my father and his father?

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. You were lucky with your appendix. My daughter's burst before but she is well again.

    ReplyDelete