Saturday, May 29, 2010

A day of rest, giving help, and remembering our Veterans.

Today I had a visit with my chiropractor. Seems my tail bone is giving me grief and I needed an adjustment. I had planned on working on the Motor Home today, but decided against that, letting my back rest. Gave me a perfect excuse to do mostly nothing today. ;-)

Wilma and I decided to help Stacey with her Garage sale today. Let's re-word that to Wilma helped and I watched. Stacey met our daughter Angel in college and they became "buddies".  She has never had a garage sale before so Wilma and Angel helped set it up yesterday. Stacey is planning on moving to California in the near future, so she needed to sell "everything" and the prices were super cheap. For having it opened only one day on a holiday weekend she did really well.

We left around noon and headed for Meijer's. For those not knowing, Meijer's is similar to Walmart's.

We needed to pick up some last minute grocery items for Monday when the family is going to spend a day with us. An oven baked chicken dinner is planned. Wilma and I are looking forward to spending a full day with the girls and Grand kids.

While at Meijer's I also needed to pick up some oil and a filter for the Motor Home. I was able to get the 4 qts. of SAE-30 for the generator, but I can't cross reference the numbers off the filter until I remove it. So that purchase will have to come later.
I worked on the carpet last Thursday, and I have to say so myself, it looks pretty darn good for it's age! Windows need a good cleaning yet, along with a complete wash and wax before I can say we are ready to enjoy the Motor Home for another season.

The weather has been just perfect today with temps at 81 and no humidity. Sitting outside on the deck with the laptop makes doing this blog entry a pleasant experience. One drawback to using my laptop is that it has the Linux Mint operating system on it instead of Windows. This makes it unable to use Live Writer, but I guess using the blogger format isn't all that bad. Especially if you don't need to post pictures.

Being Memorial Holiday, my thoughts turned to an article I read in this morning's paper. We have lost another military person in Afghanistan, bringing the count now to 1000 who have lost their lives in this war. Being a vet, I have mixed emotions about this war. I'm starting to lean on the side of getting out of there and coming home. I can't help to compare it to the same war that was going on when I was in the Military. And we all know how Viet Nam turned out!

Please say a prayer, especially this weekend, for our Veterans and their families.


Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment