Friday, October 15, 2010

Another week closer….

Yes, another week is gone. As of today there are only 68 days until I retire! Can’t wait!

Today at work we heard nothing from the Union or the Company on how the talks for a new contract is going. It looks like it will be just like 5 years ago. I didn’t know if the Union called a strike or a tentative agreement had been reached until I entered the drive into the parking lot of the Company. As it turned out 5 years ago, there was no strike. I HATE STRIKES!  In my career I’ve been in 3 of them, and in all 3 we didn’t gain anything! So, my thoughts are, “Lets all go to work and forget about a strike, especially in these times”!

1992-10-15 Today is the 18th Birthday of our eldest Grand Daughter Haley, born 10/15/1992. Here is proud “Pa” that’s what my grandkids call me instead of Grandpa.

This picture started a series of pictures of all my Grandkids. Each one that was born, I wore a red shirt and sat in a rocking chair within hours of their birth. Wow, where has the time gone?!

 

Birthday cakeTomorrow the family will all gather to celebrate her Birthday here at our home. Wilma (Na-na) has the meal all planned, as it’s Haley’s favorite. Lasagna, with all the extras that goes with that plate. You just know the camera will get a work out tomorrow!

Happy 18th. Birthday Haley! Na-na and I love you, and we wish you many, many more birthdays to come in your beautiful life.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment