Friday, October 1, 2010

I think I’ve crossed over…

Yep, I think I’ve crossed over. To what you are now thinking. Well, I really don’t know how to word it, so I’ll just have to try to explain it the best I can.

Do you ever think to yourself, when someone of “age” does something that you perceive as being strange and blame it on their age?DSC_0351

Well I think I have crossed over to that “age”.

Wilma and I were discussing on what to do with Kybee, our little Pug. He just doesn’t ever want to be left alone when we go out in the Motorhome. If we decide to go for a bike ride he will constantly bark, non stop until we return. We have tried everything, from putting him in his cage with the TV on, to letting him have the run of the Motorhome. He just wants to always be with us.

We are planning on taking a trip to Myrtle Beach in the Spring. Knowing the size of the RV Park is humongous, and we will be wanting to take bike rides everyday, makes us wonder what to do with Kybee. We just can’t continue to leave him barking all the while we are gone, it’s just not right.  What to do.

I started surfing the internet for a “dog carrier” for a bike. There were quite a few “basket” type devices that you connect to the handlebars. But as he weighs 16lbs. there is only one made to support this heavy of an animal. It had terrible revues, ratings of just 2 stars out of 5. Mostly that it drops down onto the front tire from the weight of the animal. So I decided I didn’t want to spend the bucks for something rated that low, and not be satisfactory.

Wilma suggested a pet trailer for a bike. I never heard of one, so another search on the internet was done. Yep, there is a company that has one. It kind of looks like those lightweight trailers one connects to the back of a bike to pull a couple small kids around in, but on a smaller scale. But the price was out of sight!

We started talking about getting one that would handle children. Had a few laughs between ourselves, and did another search on the internet.

A Schwinn child carrier bike trailer was found at Wal-Mart for an agreeable price. Wilma and I headed to Wal-Mart. They had two carriers, one in an opened box, and one in a sealed box. I took the sealed one and headed to the register expecting to pay the advertised price. Upon getting to the check out, I noticed a price tag which was $20.00 less than the advertised price. I questioned the clerk, who asked the manager, who gave me the discounted price. Great! Now it was a much better price than expected.

Arriving home we had to try it out on our “King” to see if his royalty would approve.

We rode for about 45 minutes, Wilma keeping behind and to the side of the trailer to keep an eye on Kybee. She kept reporting to me how he was doing. It seems that he agrees with his new “Carriage”.

It works great as I can’t even tell I’m pulling him when riding on the bike. And as we talked about it, we can use it if we have to go for an errand and have things like a few groceries to carry.

So, you see, I’m thinking up reasons other than carrying the dog around, for purchasing this “child carrier” bike trailer? Now do you believe me when I say “I think I’ve crossed over”? 

I can just hear my buddy Gary laughing now. Laughing so hard, tears will be flowing and he will be holding his side.

Yep, I think I’ve crossed over!

But…my little buddy Kybee will be riding in style!

 

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Aww I think it is incredibly sweet that you love Kybee that much! He's a lucky dog to have parents like you!

    ReplyDelete