Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas with the “Kids”

Our daughters, Angel and Tina, our Grand kids, Haley, Dakota, Rebecca, Brooke, and Savannah, along with Wilma’s brother Eddie and his wife Beth, spent Christmas morning at our home.
DSC_1504
It has become the custom that the family has a great breakfast before opening any gifts.

Eddie prepares his famous home made biscuits. They can’t be beat! Along with his milk gravy, mmm good!
DSC_1503
While Eddie is making the biscuits, Wilma is busy making the sausage patties from fresh ground pork sausage that Eddie brought from home. After we ate those patties, I doubt that we will ever really enjoy “store bought” sausage patties again! Man O Man were they good.

 DSC_1501

After everyone was done with breakfast, we all headed for the living room where the gifts were under the tree.
The Grand kids were as excited as ever.
To me, I get the most joy from watching them open their gifts, and the excitement and joy on their faces when they see what they have received.




DSC_1569
Savannah, our youngest Grand daughter, took on the roll of Santa’s helper by handing out the gifts to everyone. For Na-Na and myself this was very welcomed.
DSC_1528
Rebecca also joined in as Santa’s helper
DSC_1534
Our baby daughter “Tina” kissing her baby daughter “Savannah”





DSC_1549
I’m so proud of my Grand kids. Even gifts of clothes were well accepted. I remember as a kid that I didn’t really like clothes, only wanting toys. Bad me!
DSC_1547
DSC_1573
DSC_1574
And for our two “artists” in the family, Haley and her brother Dakota, a large sketching pad with pencils were well appreciated!  Na-Na..I mean Santa, did a great job this year.








After the gift un-wrapping was completed, Na-Na had a very special announcement to the Grand Kids. A special gift from special Christmas Angels was sent just for them. As you can see it came in a small package, but was a gift of tremendous size! Thank you again Special Angels.
DSC_1596
DSC_1597
DSC_1595
DSC_1598







From our family to all of our readers, we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed Happy New Year!
Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great holiday celebration with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fabulous... The kids all looked so cute! I have been gone from the blogging world for a while & I am trying very hard to get back on the bloggin track... I have missed my blogland friends! Have a Very Happy New Year!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Chuck and Anneke, it was a family fun day if I should say so myself. Thanks for visiting.

    Donna.. It's great to see you back again! You can tell from my past posts this month that it also has been hard for me to post. I am really planning on posting much more in the very near future. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete