Saturday, December 18, 2010

In Just 2 Weeks!

I arose out of bed this morning at my usual “built in” alarm setting of around 5am. Being Saturday, I brought the laptop downstairs to read my email and the bloggers that I follow. Sitting here with my first cup of coffee, I realized that in just 2 weeks from today I will be officially Retired! After 39 years of employment, I imagine there’s going to be a little change in my life.
The guys at work, including my department boss have been kidding with me for several weeks now by asking me every time they see me, “How many days Fred?” .  They all get a laugh when I answer with the amount of days before I’m gone. But who’s counting? Smile
The coming weeks are going to be extremely busy for us. With the Christmas Holiday season upon us, Wilma has been very busy wrapping gifts, making sure no one is forgotten. We are counting the days before her brother Eddie and his wife Beth arrive from Kentucky to spend the holiday with us. There are plans already made between Wilma’s side of the family and mine, so we are both looking forward to a busy holiday season.
With the weather being so cold for the past week, even the TV weather men are guaranteeing a white Christmas. It hasn’t been above freezing in over a week, with several nights going down into the single digits. We only have a couple inches of snow, but with it being so cold it won’t be melting anytime soon. This is also when I make sure the bird feeder is always full. Wilma said the other day we had 6 squirrels along with the birds.
Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you - the next two weeks will fly by! Everyone has been asking 'how is retirement' and I reply that I haven't even had time to think about it, as I am so busy! Have fun. Merry Christmas to you both and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you are going to love retirement! I loved it all three times I retired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your upcoming retirement. You'll love it for sure especially once the 'holiday' feeling wears off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might be working a lot harder after you retire if you are like a lot of other folk. Hope you enjoy it though. Merry Christmas to you and your Family!

    ReplyDelete