Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Fridge Arrives

Today Lowes delivered our new fridge. A Samsung 20CUFT. French doors, bottom slide out Freezer. Wilma and I both notice the difference in size from our old Amana 22CUFT that was taken away today.
DSC_1643
We have been, as the saying goes, holding our breath for almost a month now. The reason is that it was a month ago that I noticed that our Amana never shut off! It always seemed to be running no matter when you walked by it.
So a few weeks ago I mentioned to Wilma that we had to go buy a new fridge. Off we went fridge shopping, first stopping at Sargent’s, a small local appliance store. The prices seemed much higher than we really wanted to pay, and when the salesman came around to help us, he confirmed that we needed to shop elsewhere. He had both Wilma and I ready to leave within 10 minutes because of his attitude. So we did!
Off to Lowes we went. Within about an hour we signed for our new Samsung Fridge. It’s one of the “Energy Star” fridges so I will be able to claim it on our taxes this year for a write off. Won’t get much back I don’t expect, but anything is better than nothing.

imageTomorrow morning when the alarm wakes me up at 4:40am, it will be the LAST time it will have to do that. As tomorrow is the very last day I am scheduled to be at work. Even though the company celebrated my retirement last Thursday, this past week has been a “holiday work week” at premium pay, which I just couldn’t pass up. So as I pull out of the parking lot of the plant tomorrow at the end of my shift, I will be stopping at the guard shack to hand over my ID Badge. That will make it complete. I’ll Be Free!

Until next time, be safe and God Bless

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Congrads on your final day of WORK!!!!

    The fun is about to begin.

    Travel Safe
    Dawn & Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I hope you have a long safe and FUN retirement!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete