Friday, December 24, 2010

Retirement ! Finally.

Today was a special day in my life. After 38 years, I finally retired.
The Department head made a very special speech in front of not only my fellow co-workers, but the CEO of General Dynamics and 3 other “very high” ranking company executives. It really made me feel quite proud of all that was said in my behalf.
Then I was presented with a Plaque in recognition for my service to the company, and a folder with a dozen assorted items which I could pick out one to be delivered at a later date.
DSC_1499

The company actually presented me with 2 of these plaques. My supervisor stated that the company must have thought I did “double the work” hence the double plaque! This got quite a few laughs and applause from those present.




1223101054

This picture was taken with my phone camera. Sorry for not getting the entire cake but you can make it out.
The cake was presented by the UAW, along with a 30 Plus year membership lapel pin. I just couldn’t hold back the comment I made about the pin being made of pure 18 carat gold because of all the years of paying union dues. Of course everyone had another chuckle with that one. All in all it was all in fun, we all had a very enjoyable lunch furnished by the company and everyone came to shake my hand and send their well wishes.



I arrived back home around 1:30pm, Wilma was relaxing after getting the house in order. Her brother Eddie and his wife Beth were to arrive around 6pm this evening from Kentucky. Plus being Thursday, my weekly day to have dinner with my Dad, he was invited over to our home for a home made meat loaf dinner. Wilma ranks a medal for the delicious dinner she prepared.
After dinner Eddie and Beth arrived and we stayed up talking until around 11pm before I had to call it a day and go to bed.
Looking forward to all the Grandkids opening their gifts Christmas morning.
Wilma and I wish all of our readers a very Merry Christmas.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new found freedom! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your retirement and it sounds like you got a wonderful send off too - no doubt well deserved!

    I hope you and your entire family have a great Christmas - enjoy those grandkids opening their presents too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends. A well deserved send off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your retirement and best wishes for a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sincere congratulations on your retirement! Merry Christmas.

    John
    http://relaxedrush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for the warm wishes on my Retirement. Maybe now I'll have a little more time to Blog????

    ReplyDelete