Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sun, Snow, and Humidifiers

Started this morning with a cup of coffee, looking outside at the sun shinning and reading my morning Blogs. Even though we had a 2 inch, very soft snow fall last night, it was cold. Around 16F this morning. But I couldn’t help but to notice that when a slight breeze blew, large pieces of snow would fall from the branches of the trees. Really beautiful I thought, with the sun shinning, the skies bright blue, and the white snow falling from the trees ever so often. Then I realized….I’m in Michigan in the winter! It’s COLD! And I want to be where Rick and Paulett  or Al and Kelly are. Oh well, maybe one day. But for now I’ll have to enjoy reading their Blogs and follow them each day on their excursions.

After coffee, I headed outside to shovel the walks. The snow was so light and fluffy, it took no effort what so ever. I thought to myself that this is so much nicer than last year when I wouldn’t be able to clear the snow until after working 9 hours. Can you tell I’m enjoying my retirement? Smile

Early afternoon Wilma and I went over to Angel’s condo. Angel wanted her mom to help her place and hang some items on the walls. I was there to hook up the old humidifier.

DSC_1645

I noticed that it was an old “Montgomery Wards” brand humidifier. Wards went out of business so long ago I can’t even remember the year. I’m thinking sometime in the early ‘80’s maybe. The humidifier was bone dry, so I started with the “saddle valve”. Turning off the water to her condo, I worked the valve a couple times  opening and closing it. Then went back to turn on the water to the condo. Success! We had flow to the humidifier. I had to assure it would turn off when the float was up enough, which it did. Then I asked Angel to turn up her heat so I could visualize the humidifier in action. Success again! Everything seems to be working satisfactorily. For now that is.

Wilma and I talked it over and we are going to buy Angel a new humidifier to replace that ol Monkey Ward special soon. At least I will be able to sleep better at night knowing she has a new Humidifier instead of this ancient thing.

From Angels home, Wilma and I went over to pick up Dad and the three of us went out to dinner to Acropole in Roseville. The special that we wanted to try was their “short ribs”. Dad and I had the short ribs, Wilma had the Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner. All three dinners were great!

Tomorrow we are heading to Costco. Fill up the car with gas and look for a nice roast beef for our Monday dinner, among other things. You just can’t walk into a Costco and leave with just one item! Wilma is planning on having everyone over for dinner on Monday to celebrate Savannah’s 7th. Birthday.

 

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH DAD! I appreciate you and Mom more than you know!!!!
    xooxoxoxo

    Angel

    ReplyDelete