Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bathroom Vanity Partially Installed

For the past couple days I’ve been working on the installation of our new bathroom vanity in our 2nd. floor bathroom.

The original builder of our home was NOT a licensed builder. We knew this when we purchased the home over 33 years ago. I knew that there were several flaws to the home and so far it’s been alright.

The original vanity was “home made” on the fly. Made out of pressboard with contact paper stuck to it, trying to make it look like a fine piece of furniture. He had store bought the Formica top and sink, and built the base around that.

He had the floor professionally done with ceramic tile. Great job of that I must say. But I think “I” would have had the floor all done first, then put the vanity in. But not this guy! He had the tile floor done up tight to his home made vanity, which worked fine as long as one would not ever want to replace the vanity.

This was my largest challenge. As the home made vanity, after removal, didn’t leave the same “foot print” as the replacement. The original vanity was about 2 inches deeper than the replacement. This leaves a space in front of the new vanity missing the ceramic tile. There is no way that I would ever find the same color and pattern of the original floor, being at least 33 yrs. old. I also was not interested in tearing up a perfectly good ceramic tile floor and having it all re-done. Too many $$$ to do that! The area is under the toe space of the new vanity. At least that’s what I think it’s called. Wilma assures me that after I am done, and she gets her chance to “decorate” the room, you won’t be able to notice the area. I’m hoping she is right, because it’s like my saying goes, “It is what it is!”

I didn’t think to take a picture of the “before.” Embarrassed smileBut I will have a picture of the “after” when it’s all completed. Besides I think I would be a little ashamed to post a before picture.

I just got off the US Post Office web site. I tracked the outcome of my certified letter I sent to Outdoor Adventures last Saturday. It shows that they received it on Monday at 11:30am. So tomorrow I’m going to give them another call to verify that they are going to accept me getting out of the new contract. I’m sure they will, but I just want to hear it from them and then verify the fee will be removed from my Charge Card.

So that’s it for now.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure your remodeling job is going to be GREAT! Can't wait to see pictures!!!
    Have fun & travel safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete