Sunday, April 3, 2011

Myrtle Beach, S. Carolina

We started out this morning around 9am. I set the GPS to take us to a Wal-Mart Superstore about 20 miles away so I could purchase a new battery for the Malibu.
So after unloading a little more than $100 out of my wallet, I had a new battery in the Malibu. I connected the Brake Buddy and we headed for Myrtle Beach.

Both tires almost gone.
100_0924
Just as we were approaching the South Carolina welcome center we came upon this trucker with a severe tire problem. He pulled into the welcome center just behind us. Both tires on the right side of the rear axle were shredded and almost completely gone. He was mostly riding on the rims. He left the welcome center, which I figured he should have stayed at. But he must have known that the very next exit was a “Loves” truck stop which he pulled into.
We continued on to our destination, Ocean Lakes Campground.
We arrived at Myrtle Beach around 1pm today with the sun shinning, slight breeze off the ocean and the temperature in the high 60’s, low 70’s. Now that’s what we have been waiting for!

Kybee and myself enjoying the sunshine. DSC_2096
We are close to the sand berms. Just 3 campsites from them. Maybe 200 feet at the most.







Our entrance to the ocean. DSC_2100
Just a short walk from our campsite to this walkway over the sand berm.







Looking North on the beach. DSC_2104
Of course with it only being in the low 70’s there were only a few brave people swimming in the ocean. Not me! It has to get much warmer than that for me to take a dip.






Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safely...we love Ocean Lakes -- enjoy the sun & beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh......i wish i was there with u!

    xoxoxoxo
    love you
    angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you finally made it. I love the picture of the "Two old dogs" in the sun. Boy, you both look comfortable!!

    ReplyDelete