Thursday, May 19, 2011

The house smells like paint.

Four days ago I started the repair/painting of the bathroom project. Today I finally was able to apply the first coat of primer to the walls and ceiling.

You might be thinking, “Wow is this guy ever SLOW.” But if you would look back on previous posts, you will see the dilemma I was up against. The last paint job “crackled.” The cracks needed to be filled prior to painting. I had to completely coat every square inch of the walls and ceiling with drywall compound. The tradesmen refer to it as drywall mud.

It required the first coat of mud. Followed by a wet sanding. Then a second touch up coat was applied, followed by another wet sanding. Then yesterday a third touch up coat was applied in select areas. Followed this morning by yet another wet sanding.

After the final sanding, I poured me another cup of coffee, headed for the deck to enjoy a moment of “no rain”. I couldn’t believe how quiet it was in the neighborhood. Just the birds singing. No traffic, no trains, no sirens! I believe we are in for at least a couple days of NO RAIN. It’s been long over due so far this past month.

After lunch, I applied the first coat of primer paint to the bathroom walls and ceiling.

The walls take on a blue contrast in this photo, they are actually white. 100_0960

Tomorrow will be the first coat of paint. I’m so looking forward to getting this job done! Along with Wilma and Haley. Be right back Thank goodness we have another full bathroom upstairs to use while I have this one “under repair/painting”.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless

1 comment: