Monday, June 27, 2011

Haley now has a Credit Union Account!

This afternoon I took Haley to our Credit Union so she could join and get herself a debit card for use at College. After opening the account she proceeded to deposit all her cash and checks that she received from her Graduation party. Her book of checks should arrive in a few weeks along with her debit card.

I just had to welcome her to the “Adult” world. Informed her that it’s the easiest thing in the world to use the debit card or write checks, as they both take money “out” of her account. The hardest part is putting money “into” the account. I believe she followed me exactly and will heed the warning.

From the Credit Union we headed for Micro Center Computer Store. I had promised to purchase a case for her laptop, and today was a good day to make good on that promise. As we walked down the aisle looking at the hundreds of cases, I helped her by pointing out the differences of some of the cases. Not too large, but large enough to carry a few books and supplies along with her laptop. She had her pick of the large assortment, and I believe she made a very wise decision.

 

Our Motorhome sits in the yard in dire need of a cleaning, and oil change. Looking at the weather forecast for the next few days it looks like tomorrow I’ll start working on getting a shine back on the Motorhome.

I’ve been following quite a bit of talk on the famous IRV2.com forum. There have been many very satisfied RV’ers who had great results with a product called Red Pro Max #3. Following the discussions I was led to Lowe’s to purchase a gallon yesterday.

This is the before picture just after cleaning. No this is NOT my MH. It’s taken from this link: Click Here

image

After Pro Max #3 application. Look at that shine!

image

Showing the “before” dull stripe decal.

image

The decal after the Pro Max #3 application. Great shine!

image

Now I realize that my Motorhome is just a 1996 Fiberglass Winnebago Adventurer. That it does not have the “clear coat” fiberglass finish like pictured above. Actually you can see small fiberglass fibers in my Motorhomes’ fiberglass. So if I don’t get as great of a job as the pictures above, I’ll understand, but I can dream can’t I? Winking smile 

Seeing how I’ll probably be pretty busy the next couple days, there may or may not be a blog post tomorrow. I want to take the same “before and after” pictures of my Motorhome. Keep your fingers crossed for me will you?

 

Until next time, be safe and God Bless

2 comments:

  1. Actually, his front cap and rear cap are not clear coated either.

    They look that way now of course but he started with pretty much the same thing you are.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a difference... I can't wait to see how yours comes out! Good for HAley learning how to manage her money. So many kids do not learn that lesson!

    Have fun & Travel safe
    Donna

    Come visit my blog @
    http://adventureswithtassie.blogspot.com/ or for RV park reviews @ http://tassiescampgroundreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete