Thursday, June 2, 2011

Power Washing the Deck

Today was the scheduled day to chemically clean and power wash the deck.

I started around 9:30 this morning. In between cycles with the power washer I heard my cell phone ringing. It was a friend I had known from when I was employed. He told me that he was working at the County Building and asked what I was doing for lunch. I told him, well, I think I will eat something for lunch. Smile He asked if I would like to meet him at the Coney Restaurant around 11.

At 11 I was in a booth waiting for Pete. He arrived a few minutes later, we ordered our lunch and 45 minutes later we were still catching up on what’s been happening the last 5 months that I’ve been retired. I believe we both had a great time swapping stories. He couldn’t believe it’s been 5 months already that I’ve been retired. I assured him it was going quickly for me. Like the saying goes, time flies when your having fun!

We got ready to leave the restaurant and Pete grabbed the bill. He insisted he pay. “Because I’m retired and can’t afford it any longer”. Open-mouthed smile What a guy! Thanks again Pete for the lunch and the great company. I really enjoy talking to you.

Deck is showing it’s age, even after a chemical wash and power wash.100_0987

Arrived back at home and back to the deck cleaning by 12:30. The sun was shinning bright, the temps in the low 70’s. Perfect for working outside. By 3pm I had completed the job. Clean deck waiting for tomorrow to come to get it’s water repellant coating.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment