Monday, September 26, 2011

From the Combine to the Elevator

Last August 30th. I posted in my blog A Ride in a Combine of how amazed I was at how complex today’s farming equipment is and the chances the farmers have to take to stay in business.

While we were at Greg and Charlotte’s home, Greg had made the arrangements for us to ride in the Combine. What a great and educating time it was for Wilma and I.

A week or so ago, Nicole, Greg & Charlotte’s daughter, flew in from Texas to stay with them for a summer visit.

Today I noticed that Nicole made a wonderful post on her blog  27 and Counting, further explaining the process. Great job Nicole! I hope you don’t mind me using a picture from your blog Embarrassed smile 

The feed corn being unloaded from the trucks to the grain elevatorscorn-into-hopper-small

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You must click on Nicole's Link to read about this wonderful time for the farmers. Her blog is one that you just have to follow. What an amazing writer.

No, Wilma and I have never had the opportunity of meeting Nicole, as of yet, but look forward to a day when we do meet.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Fred! Thanks for the shout-out and links to my blog, 27 & Counting. I really appreciate it! I'm glad you got to experience the harvest season while you were in Kentucky, it's my favorite time of year. Unfortunately, it's the busiest for the Tapp's and I either have to go with them to work or be left in the dust!!! Fortunately, they all seem to like me and let me ride along. HAHAHA

    Tell Wilma I said hello, hope y'all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete