Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It’s Official, Winter is Here!

First off I’d like to acknowledge and welcome two new followers to our Blog. Bud Russman of Arizona RV Guy and Bev also known by her chat room handle as Soulmate315. Welcome and I hope I don’t bore you too much with my ramblings.

Yesterday it rained constantly. The weathermen said we received almost 2” of rain in 24 hours, which was a record breaker for the Detroit area. It sure looked like we received much more than just 2” with all the news showing everyone’s homes flooded. I’m sure happy I live in an elevated area, I didn’t get a drop of water in my basement, thank goodness.

So with all the rain we had yesterday, the forecast was calling for a possibility of snow by the morning. We woke this morning to our official dusting of snow.

100_1360

So I guess I’ll just say it’s official here at home, Winter has arrived! Sad smile I was a little nervous seeing the snow this morning as I haven’t winterized my new John Deere Power Washer yet. So after my morning coffee I headed out to the garage and made sure there wasn’t any water still in the pump. Actually I started the air compressor and hooked up the air line just like I do the Motorhome, and blew what little water was still in the pump out.

My post from November 22nd. showed the Christmas deer that I replaced the original lights with LED lights. This evening I just had to show you how they look “in action” outside our bow window.

100_1363

The one on the right has the new LED lights.

100_1361

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. oh, deer!..looks very nice!..good work on the light install!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this makes me real glad I no longer live just to the south of you in Toledo:)

    ReplyDelete