Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner with Family

We just had a total of 24 family members for a Thanksgiving Dinner. My sister Judy’s son Derek, his wife Veronica and daughter Marissa flew in from Utah to spend this Thanksgiving with his mother and the rest of the family.

Steve, Judy’s friend, my sister Judy and her son, Derek.DSC_4467

Everyone brought a plate to pass. So much food that we had plenty of leftover’s for anyone who wanted some. My job was mostly the Turkey’s.

Starting the carving of the first of two Turkey’s.

DSC_4472

Just behind me was my brother Ken holding Hayden, his Grandson. Hayden wanted to see where the Turkey’s were because he was hungry!

DSC_4471

In our basement we had a 6 foot table set up to hold the food. Two 10 foot rows of tables with seating on both sides and a coffee table set up to hold the deserts. Catherine’s husband Scott said the prayer and immediately the family lined up to fill their plates.

DSC_4487

DSC_4492

The “desert table.” Just gotta have a Pumpkin Pie! So how about 4 of them, along with a wide assortment of other deserts.

DSC_4498

My youngest sister, Catherine, had a great idea she shared with everyone a couple weeks ago. She suggested that we all participate in a “show and tell” of what we are thankful for. Everyone should bring in something that has a special meaning to them and share their feelings with the rest of the family.

Everyone thought this was a great idea, so after dinner we started with the youngest and worked our way up to the eldest, which was my dad.

The children, my grand kids generation, did a superb job. Most everyone of them touched a tender spot on the hearts of their parents and Grandparents.

We continued up the age group and when it was Derek’s turn, he became a little emotional. His voice breaking and showing a tear really touched some of us. You could tell what he was saying was “from the heart”. Next it was my daughter Angel’s turn. But after listening to her cousin Derek, she was choked up and wiping the tears from her eyes! Actually there were more wet eyes from the “Guys” than from the “Gals”! 

As these spoken words from my family members were from deep down and personal, I feel that I just can’t go into much more detail. Other than to say it was great that we all participated, and I personally feel that it brought the family even closer together. Thank You Catherine for suggesting this “show and tell”.

Wilma and I wish to extend a Happy Thanksgiving Holiday greeting to all our readers!

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!..I can just imagine how difficult some the 'show and tell' was..brings a tear to my eye as I read it!..enjoy and treasure the time together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family. You are very lucky to be together. Dinner looks wonderful ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a truly wonderful idea to voice thanks for the abundant life we have. Not only a great idea, but a great gift to each other to hear the words. God bless.

    ReplyDelete