Thursday, December 15, 2011

Parties–Gifts–Cookies

No hints from the weather that Christmas is just around the corner, but our activities prove different.

Yesterday morning Wilma and I attended our first “UAW Local 1248 Retiree’s Christmas Party”. We both got a chuckle out of the weather we had to drive through to get there. Rain…December 14th. and rain in Michigan! I can never remember it raining in December in Michigan, and I’m not complaining one bit.

9:30am, rain with temps in the high 40’s. On our way to the Retiree’s Party.100_1365

I’ll take the sprinkles any day over snow and cold.

The party was a huge success with over 300 in attendance. At a cost of only $5.00 per person you received a wonderful meal, open bar, and close to 50 chances to win a gift certificate to Red Lobster or Texas Longhorn. They also held 3- 50/50 drawings, and raffled off at least 40 other gifts ranging from liquor to gift certificates to local Target, and Wal-Mart stores.

As our local is shared with a Chrysler Corp. plant and General Dynamics plants, it was great to be able to see a few of my fellow workers from General Dynamics. We did get there early enough to reserve a table for 6 as we knew two other couples were going to meet us there.

Standing is Al M. (Union Steward Active) Myself, Bob M.(Millwright Retired), & Bob K.(Carpenter Retired)100_1368

I couldn’t leave out a picture of our beautiful wives! Here is Karen M., Donna K., and Wilma. 100_1369

We all had a great time, and I look forward to next year to attend another.

Today Wilma started cooking the Christmas cookies while I started wrapping the gifts. As Wilma does all the Christmas gift shopping I feel that the least I could do is wrap them. I’m like most guys, I hate shopping! But Mom taught me as a child how to wrap Christmas gifts.

Here is Wilma hard at work baking those wonderful Christmas cookies. Tomorrow she will tackle the making of some fudge! Mmm Good.

100_1370

Listening to the holiday music, smelling the aroma of Cookies baking, makes my job much easier. You know it does take a considerable amount of skill to handle those huge scissors without doing harm to myself! Winking smile

100_1372

That’s about it for now, so until next time, be safe and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment