Thursday, February 2, 2012

More peace of mind.

We are now the proud owners of the “TireTraker” tire pressure monitoring system. For years now I have been wanting to get a system like this, and this year I will have much less stress and worry when pulling my Malibu behind the Motorhome. I really hated to depend on a passing motorist to tell me if my tires are going flat. Or worse yet, if the car is being pulled on it’s rims without tires!

Not only does this system monitor the air pressure of each tire separately, it also monitors the temperature of each tire! From Phil’s web site, Technorv you can watch video’s that he produced comparing other brand systems with TireTraker, and how easy they are to install. Made a believer of me so the order was placed. (Plus I read about the system on other RV Blogs).

I contacted Phil, at Technorv and placed my order on Sunday. To my surprise I had the package, reading the manual on Wednesday!  I ended up purchasing monitors for all the tires on the Motorhome also. So I should be pretty well covered when it comes to inflated, safe tires! Plus being a guy….I just love electronic gadgets!

 

TireTraker

 

Even with the “back up camera” on the rear of the Motorhome, I can’t see the tires. You can see the car, hitch, and bike racks with the camera, but no tires. So this investment is well worth the cost when you stop to think of the cost of a blow out while traveling down the highway.

In the next couple days I’ll be installing them on the Motorhome and car. They won’t be put to use for a few weeks yet, but I want to make sure they seal and everything is ok when we are ready to travel.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. I have thought about a system like this for awhile. Hope to hear that it works well over time.

    ReplyDelete