Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Steel Drum Player

This morning started out another beautiful sunny day. Wilma did the remaining laundry while I stayed back at the coach and did the dishes, and vacuumed the floors.
We just “hung out” around the RV Park most of the day as starting at 1PM we were in for a treat. The RV Park was hosting a Steel Drum player at pool side! I shot video of Harold Antoine, the steel drum player, but won’t be able to upload it as the Wi-Fi here at the park is very restrictive. So I’ll include more pictures.
PS: Sorry for the jumble of photo’s on the last post, Windows Live Writer failed me once again. I’ll try something different on this post.
100_1551
Harold was quite a great guy. I asked him if he mind if I took video of him. He said only if I would publish it on YouTube and include his information. He handed me his business card and I promised him I would acknowledge him and give him proper credit.




100_1555
As you can see we had front row seats!
Harold playing the steel drums. He is the Lead Steel Pannist, Phone: 239-362-8811






100_1556

The web site telling about Harold Antoine can be found BY CLICKING HERE






100_1570
During his breaks he was more than happy to explain the makings of his Steel Drums.







100_1572
I thought I knew quite a bit about the makings of these instruments. But when you listen to a professional explain about them, I realized I didn’t know as much as I thought. 






100_1571

He even let Joe take the baton and try out a few notes. Harold is one great “down to earth” guy.






100_1559
Looking out of the pool area there is a pond that one can enjoy the different species of birds that land here daily.







100_1560
Harold played the Steel Drums with his computer assisted music from 1PM until 4PM. While he played we took a swim in the warm waters of the pool.






100_1569

The temperatures were getting close to the mid 80’s and the pool really refreshed us.






100_1553Even with the clouds it was a warm day today. When the sun peeked through the clouds it was just plain hot to us.







100_1558
When the music ended we all went back to our coaches to have dinner. Gary, Cheryl, Wilma and I phoned in an order of Pizza. Joe and Diane had steak’s.

After dinner we sat around under Gary and Cheryl’s awning and watched the full moon come up in the East.
 


DSC_5129



I took this photo with the camera resting on my car to steady it.





Don’t know what is planned for tomorrow, but I do know the rest of the week is supposed to be sunny with high’s in the mid to upper 80’s.
No kids, I’m not telling you this to be bragging. Just trying to keep you all informed what we are doing, and what’s happening.
Until Next Time, Be Safe and God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. I just can't seem to get any of the volunteers here to play some steel drums! :) I sure would enjoy a concert like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another beautiful day in Arizona. Wonderful afternoon entertainment. My camera almost talks, but moon shots are impossible. Love yours, wasn't it a beautiful evening?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those steel bands, we had one in our park for Valentines day.

    ReplyDelete