Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tin City, and Old Naples

Yesterday we all decided to take a ride to “old Naples” and Tin city.
Back home in Michigan, we have a city with very large expensive homes. The city, Grosse Pointe, MI. is way out of my price range, but always nice to drive through the neighborhoods and oooh and aaah at the homes. Yesterday we heard that “Old Naples” is for the rich and famous. All I can say is WOW! Some beautiful expensive homes that make our Grosse Pointe look like the average blue collar neighborhoods.
DSC_5021
  DSC_5027
Not only is this area filled with very large, beautiful homes, but the city itself is just beautiful.
DSC_5019
 DSC_5023
Following our tour of the city, we found “Tin City”. This area is just for tourist and boaters. Beautiful marina with some very large boats. Boats large enough to be called small ships!
DSC_5108DSC_5107DSC_5109 


Lots of shops with very expensive gifts to purchase. I purchased a sugar free ice cream cone for Wilma and a cone for me, total cost $10.45! Yikes!!!! Time for our departure from this place and on to our next destination, the Naples Pier.
DSC_5052
DSC_5061
DSC_5037
 DSC_5049
DSC_5044
 DSC_5060
Tuesday came with a beautiful sunrise with clear blue skies. Wilma and I sat outside having our morning coffee. She wanted to do some laundry, I needed to remove the two front tires on the coach and get them balanced. So after breakfast we carried out our plans.
Gary helped me with the tires, even accompanied me to the tire store and back. What a great friend I have in my bud, Gary! They found both tires off balanced and balanced them both. They also pointed out to me that one of the rims had a slight bend in it which would cause a feeling of an unbalanced tire. When I get home I plan on swapping that wheel with the inner dully.
By the time I got back to the coach, Wilma was already back from doing some of the laundry. Kybee went along with Wilma to keep her company.
DSC_5120Toward the end of our day Joe bought over his game of Washers. After a few hours of trying to get those washers in the small box, we called it a day and went in to have dinner.
Another fun filled day in beautiful Florida!

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures. We too like to tour the rich and famous areas. Those big house are nice but we love our little house on wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fred and Wilma,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Old Naples to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete