Thursday, April 19, 2012

Droid Bionic and a Walk in the Park

Today is day 2 with my new Droid Bionic Smart phone from Verizon. Wow do I have much to learn! This sure isn’t my old standard cell phone by no means.

I’m getting the hang of it a little at a time. The following pictures is a good demonstration as to how much I still have to learn.

Wilma had a great idea this afternoon. “Why don’t we stop at Subway, get us a small sub for lunch, and go to George George Park to enjoy the lunch and weather. Plus an added feature, we can get in a good walk!

2012-04-19_13-12-12_717

As we started our walk I mentioned to Wilma, “Darn, we should have bought our camera for the Blog”. Then it dawned on me. I have an 8 mega pixel camera on my phone! Embarrassed smileSo I took a few shots with it.

2012-04-19_13-18-32_825

I had a very hard time seeing what I was taking, as the sun was pretty bright. The sunglasses I was wearing didn’t help much either!

2012-04-19_13-19-14_545

Clicking away and hoping for the best. After all I thought I would be able to use Picasa to doctor them up if needed.

2012-04-19_13-19-21_456

After about an hour, the skies were getting darker and it looked like rain might be heading our way. We headed back to the car, Kybee was happy to get to the car as he was all tuckered out from his walk.

I get home and uploaded the photo’s. Yikes! When I uploaded the photo’s to the computer I was shocked! What the heck! How come these photo’s are coming out like they were taken in the morning fog and dew?

I was able to doctor them up the best I could with Picasa, but as you see they aren’t the best for a camera of this quality. At least that’s what I’m thinking.

After doctoring them up on the computer it hit me. Did you remove the protective plastic film from the camera lens? Embarrassed smile NO I DIDN’T! Steaming mad 

See, I’m still in the learning zone. I guess that’s why they are called “Smart Phones”. They make you feel so dumb trying to figure all this stuff out.

The protective shipping film is now removed, so let’s hope the next photo’s come out much better.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. I actually thought the pictures were great. I only have a cheap cellphone and the pictures are only half as good. It will be interesting to see the next ones you take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask about the coating..glad you figured it out.

    My DROID takes good pics. I'm sure yours will too. You will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete