Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Week of hard work, and the Move is Done.

It has been a week of constant work in high gear for us and Daughter Tina.

Last Monday afternoon Tina closed on her home. From the closing I headed to Home Depot to purchase new outside door locks. An hour later we arrived at her new to her home to install the door locks. We both took a tour of the home inspecting every inch and to our amazement found that the copper water lines in the basement had been removed by a thief!

2012-05-14_17-36-57_965

The water was going to be turned on by the city the next day, so we were both upset that she would not be able to start her cleaning until I replaced all the missing water lines.

2012-05-14_17-38-29_562

At least we were fortunate that the hot water tank and the air conditioning condenser weren’t taken!

After installing the new door locks, I moved to the basement with pencil, paper, and tape ruler in hand to start making a parts list of copper pipe and material I would need to purchase the next morning.

Tuesday morning I was at Home Depot at 8 AM purchasing the first amount of parts that was needed. Making a long story short, I finished the installation of the new copper plumbing by 11 PM that evening. That’s 14 hours of working, with 3 return trips to Home Depot to pick up more parts. Job is complete and working Laughing out loud!

Wednesday the Gas Company arrives to turn on the GasSmile. The Electric was turned on Monday. The City arrived and turned on the water Smile. The Carpet rep arrived and Tina signed to have new carpet installed in the living room, hall and bedrooms on Friday. She now wants to paint the living room, hall and bedrooms prior to the carpet installation. So she starts painting as the day is coming to a close and Wilma and I go home to rest.

Thursday morning back at Tina’s home painting, all day. When we would call it a day Tina kept going into the late hours continuing the painting.

Friday morning and I’m working on the Savannah’s bedroom painting. Can’t work too late in the morning as the Carpet installers are scheduled to be here at 1 PM. They arrive at Noon.

2012-05-18_13-21-46_112

Rebecca, Haley and Tina watching the carpet installation.

Then AT&T arrives at 2 PM to install TV and internet service. By 4 PM the carpet installers are done and leaving. AT&T is just about to finish up with final setting up of the laptops to get on the wi-fi. He completes this by 6 PM and leaves. Tina goes over with me when to pick her up to go get the moving truck at 9 AM Saturday. She says she has already had commitments from several guys to help with the moving of the heavy items. Great I’m thinking as I really hate to have to handle the Washing Machine, Refrigerator and any other “heavy” items. I leave to go home for the day.

Saturday morning, 9 AM we have the Truck.

http://nutmegtruck.com/big.truck.png

By 10 AM we are at her Mobil Home ready to load the truck. She is starting to panic as her help is not showing up! A couple neighbors came over to start helping, thank goodness! Within an hour 2 more men showed up to move the heavy items. By 1 PM all the household items were relocated at the new home and Tina and I returned the truck by the 2 PM closing time. Wilma had made Sloppy Joe’s along with potato salad, chips, and pop. We all sat under the shade tree in the back yard enjoying our lunch and the cool shade from the tree. It was by now in the mid 80’s.

At 4 PM Tina and Haley made a “last trip” to the Mobil Home. Finding that the neighbors have already started to ransack the place taking the window screens etc. She of course is upset to no end, even though she is turning the Mobil Home over to the Park, free of charge. There were a few small boxes that Haley and herself loaded in the car. Wilma ended up going over to meet her just in case she needed more help. She did and Wilma phoned me telling me to get to the Mobil Home as Tina didn’t have enough room in her car for all that was left. Three car loads and the place is finally empty! Including the light bulbs! Laughing out loud Wilma heads back to our home as she is totally exhausted. I follow Tina to her new home for the unloading of the two cars, which Haley, Rebecca and Dakota did. I hooked up the washer, stove and put the beds together before calling it a day. We are all soooo tired, every joint hurts!

Sunday…..Day of well needed Rest for Wilma and I. But I did manage to plant the bean seeds in the Garden, which only took me about an hour. This evening we will be celebrating my Fathers 85th. Birthday. All the families will be meeting at a local restaurant for dinner then over to my brothers home for cake and ice cream and birthday wishes for Dad.

Tomorrow back to Tina’s home for final hook up of the dryer, and odd’s and end’s.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Judy for your comment, I agree...way too much work. But we are thankful it's done and she is moved into her new home with the grandkids.

      Delete
  2. Gosh, I'm exhausted from just reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are exhausted, but loving the way we are able to help our family when needed. Thanks for the comment Alan and Marilyn.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure thankful our kids don't move very often. I'm getting way too old for this. But, its worth all the hard work to see the excitement on our daughter's face and the grandkids.. Now both our daughters have a home to be proud of. Thank You Lord.. and yes, I have the hardest working husband in the world.

    Wilma/wife to Fred, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaahhh Thank You my Hon. I try to give it my best when it comes to my family.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete