Friday, September 7, 2012

Homemade Salsa

With the help from Wilma’s cousin Greg E. in Kentucky, I was able to make my first batch of homemade Salsa. Wilma and I tasted it just before I bottled it up, and it passed her taste test.

1st. Batch of Salsa.

As the photo shows I ended up with 3 Quarts and 7 Pints. I’m very pleased with the outcome. The total time it took from start to finish, including cleaning up the kitchen and putting all the pots and pans away, was just a little under 4 hours. And the great taste of the Salsa will be much worth it!

It was the fun type of work though and I can’t wait to take some with us when we go camping next week with friends. I’m sure most of them will really enjoy it. Might be a bit warm for a couple though, as there are some Jalapeno peppers in the batch.  Devil

A special “Thank You” goes out to my buddy, my friend, my family, Greg E. from Kentucky. Without him I would never have been able to do this. Thanks Greg!

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. I have some of that salsa in my pantry too ....... but I haven't opened a single jar because I know how good it tastes and I'm afraid of running out before I can get back home to Kentucky. Is that pathetic or what?!?! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole it's just the VERY BEST! Our daughters and Grand Kids were over tonight. They wanted to sample it. The 12 year old Rebecca was first. I thought for sure it might be too hot for them. But I was wrong! They loved it! Both daughters received some to take home with them. I guess you could say I'm following in your Dad's footsteps.

      Delete
  2. Nothin better ten homemade! It sure looks good

    ReplyDelete