Monday, December 31, 2012

Getting closer to our Destination

We woke this morning to some very cool temperatures. Cool for Jasper, FL. anyway.

Jasper, FL Morning Temperatures 55F is inside the Motorhome

Inside the Motorhome it was a cool 55F. Outside a cool 34F. Even Kybee was looking for a warm spot in the Motorhome this morning.

Aww this feels so nice and warm.

We left Jasper, FL. around 10AM with just over 250 miles to our destination for the day, Spanish Main RV Resort in Thonotosassa, FL. another Passport America park with a fee of just $11 for the night.

We pulled in around 2:30pm. The office was closed, but there was an envelope on the bulletin board with our name on it, along with several other envelopes with other camper names on them. I opened the envelope and there was a map of the park highlighting our spot. I noticed right away that it was a different site than what was told me when I made the reservation a month ago. About that time the Manager walked up to me and assured me that the map had the correct site for us. Told us to have a good stay here, as he was headed out for the night. We shook hands and wished each other a happy new year.

I proceeded to drive the Motorhome to the site following the directions on the park’s map, as Wilma followed me in the car. Arriving at my site, there was a 5th. wheel set up and was in no way going to be leaving. I returned back to the office where several ladies who also work for the park, tried to help us. They did manage to contact the Maintenance Man, who drove over to check out our site.

He returned and told me to park in site 10409, a couple sites down from the one we were supposed to be in.

Our site number

We managed to squeeze into the site, and I’m happy that I only have to stay here 1 night! Again, “you get what you pay for”. Barely squeezing between the trees, but we are here safe and sound.

Squeezed into our RV Site at Spanish Main RV Resort

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

2 comments: