Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Surprise! It’s Tree Trimming Day.

Over our coffee this morning, Wilma and I discussed what items were on her checklist that needed to be done today. I planned on a trip to Wal-Mart, Costco, Post Office, get a hair cut, and set up my Sister-In-Law’s computer so she could start doing Google Hangouts and Facebook Video chats.

Wilma also had a number of items to do today. A trip to Meijer's, a Dr’s. appointment, and take Brooke Christmas shopping.

About an hour after Wilma left, I headed out to Wal-Mart's. Just as I walked out of the door toward my car, a City tree trimmer truck drove up.

Our City's Tree Trimming Equipment

I stopped in my tracks as I was hoping to have a word with them. To my surprise the driver exited the truck with a smile and asked if I would like my two trees trimmed. “Yes, the other trees in the neighborhood were trimmed a few years ago, and I’ve been waiting for our turn ever since”. He smiled and said he would “fix them up for us”.

I grabbed the camera so I could get those “before and after” photo’s.

DSC_5897

It wasn’t long after our little chat that the crew of two were hard at work trimming the trees.

DSC_5899

I left to take care of my errands today, and when I returned they were both cleaning up the fallen limbs. The driver approached me and said they were not completely done with the second tree as it was getting close to the end of the day. They would be back tomorrow to finish, weather permitting. He said there is rain mixed with snow that might arrive tomorrow, which they cannot work in, but that they would return when the weather permits.

DSC_5903

I accomplished all my errands today. Wilma did also. We hope the weather holds out so this trimming job can be completed tomorrow.

Tomorrow…..another day closer to leaving for Florida. With a thousand things yet to do to get ready. I’m very sure both Wilma and I will be busy again tomorrow.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. There is always lots to do prior to leaving for an extended period of time. Good luck getting everything completed. And safe travels.

    ReplyDelete