Thursday, January 24, 2013

Paid for Storage, Alternative Sites

This morning I took a bike ride over to see “Cookie” who handles the paper work for the storage area. I wanted to pay for our spot so I would be assured of having it. She apologized for having to raise the price from last year $5.00, which will help pay for the new fence that was installed around the storage area. So for 9 months of storage it cost me $270.00. I didn’t think that was a bad price to pay, especially since the storage area is within eyesight of our “Winter” site.

The next stop was to see the RV Park manager Hilary, to inquire about the availability of our site for next year. There rule is that if a “renter” misses a season because of illness, then the following year they will get their site back. Seeing as my site, 102, was occupied by a renter for several years and had to miss this year because of sickness, he would have first choice for the site next year if he chooses to return. If he doesn’t return next year, then the site would be assigned to me.

I asked if she could give me a listing of “Possible sites available” for next year if my site won’t be available. She kindly looked in the records and marked several sites that could be available next year.

Wilma and I walked around looking at the “possibly available” sites that Hilary marked down, and picked our 2nd. and 3rd. choices. But our 1st. choice is the one we are on now. Hopefully we will get it for the 2014 season.

I know it doesn’t look like much, but it is one road closer to the office where the internet wi-fi is located, which should make it a little easier to hook up to the free wi-fi. So below is our 2nd. choice.

Site 81 our 2nd. choice

Still plenty of “elbow” room around the site, so we would settle for this site if ours isn’t available.

Finally, later in the day,  a couple loads of laundry was done with “Mother Nature” doing the drying.

The laundry I did today

With the sun shinning and temps in the mid 70’s it won’t take long for the clothes to end up back in the closet.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. It's a tuff life we live...hope it all works out for 2014...wish my laundry was caught up too. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

    Have a good rest of the day....till later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I visited with you the other day, I thought you sounded pretty sure you'd be coming back. I guess, this firms it up! Pretty good setup, I'd say, (and at a good rate). Hope we get together again, "this season".
    Your Fellow Snowbird,
    ~Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun being snowbirds. Our landlord informed us we can have our same unit next year. And no cost increase, Yippy!!!!

    ReplyDelete