Monday, February 11, 2013

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice

A new experience for me today. Greg and I went over to Terry’s home and picked the remaining oranges off his tree. Terry told Greg we could have half of the oranges we pick, but he needed them picked because the tree was getting ready to blossom again.

Sorry, but we didn’t have the camera to get a photo of us both on the ladders picking the oranges. They don’t come off the tree like apples, you have to twist them until the stem breaks. Just pulling them could break the branches.

But we ended up with a couple buckets mostly full. A 5 gallon bucket ¾ full and my 3 gallon bucket ½ full.

Just picked off the Orange Tree.

I don’t know what “kind” of oranges these were, all I know is that they are “Juice” oranges.

Squeezing the Fresh Oranges

Greg and I agreed to share the amount of juice we get from the oranges. It wasn’t long and we both had ¾ of a gallon of fresh squeezed orange juice.

All I can say is that it is the Very Best Orange Juice I have ever tasted!

I just had an experience today that most Michiganders never get. And I know I never will forget it, especially now that’s it’s recorded in my Blog! Winking smile

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

PS: Can you tell I just got a hair cut a few days ago with that tan line? Embarrassed smile Looks like it’s time to “Hang out at the pool” again. Open-mouthed smile

3 comments:

  1. Fresh OJ, ohh yum. Yep, you have a tan line, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid we visited Florida and I still remember the awesome taste of fresh squeezed OJ. The best in the world. I'm jealous!!! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh squeezed...yum, yum! I didn't realize you have to twist oranges off the stem. thanks for sharing!

    Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete