Friday, February 22, 2013

Wilma’s Oil Painting- Windshield Leak

Wilma signed up to attend an “Oil Painting Class” which were 3 hours long each for 3 classes. She said she learned some painting terminology and technics on how to oil paint.

Wilma's 1st. Oil Painting

I am quite proud of her first painting, but of course she is her worst critic. She is very happy with the class and her painting that she has signed up for another class today, “Painting on Glass”. I’m anxiously waiting to see her new “painting on glass”!

Last week we had a slow rain for about 12 hours. It started in the late evening, lasted all night, and ended in mid morning. That morning I noticed a puddle of water on the dash of the Motorhome. The windshield is still leaking! So I ordered a roll of Black Eternabond Tape to make a final repair. I’ve been told by several RV neighbors and the manager, that in summer it rains here every day. A water leak as this, with the high heat and humidity, would start a mold colony. Something I don’t want to see next Winter when we return. 

I started in the early morning, around 8am, when the temperature was a comfortable 70 F. stripping off the old calking and getting the area between the glass windshield and the fiberglass roof cap clean and ready for the tape.

An inch between the Glass and Roof Cap where the leak is.

By the time I got the area ready for the tape, the temperature was up to 83F. with the sun beating down on me. A perfect time to have a heat stroke! So I waited until 6pm when the temperatures were back down to the mid 70’s to apply the Tape.

The existing "r;ubber molding" was put back over the tape

I’m confident now that the windshield leak problem is now fixed once and for all. (For those who may not know, the white mesh looking fabric on the windshield is my removable sun shield that covers the entire glass windshield)

Today it’s expected to go up to 86F. Wilma’s Glass Painting class should be completed by noon. After lunch we both are planning on taking a dip in the pool, a great way to keep cool on a warm day. Smile Ooops…sorry to my family and friends back home in Michigan who are battling the cold snow and winds.

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

5 comments:

  1. I am impressed! Wilma did a great job! Can't wait to see what is next.
    Glad you caught the leak and made repairs.

    86F.....enjoy the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear many people say that the tape fixes everything-good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Wilma I like her painting. Good job.

    RV's and Motor Homes are much like having a home. There is maintenance, however, traveling is so worth it.

    Darrell does our maintenance.

    Enjoyed visiting with both of you at dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also had a great time at dinner this evening. Looking forward to reading your blog. Keep us updated on your travels this summer.

      Delete
  4. Post Script:

    i have followed your blog. so you can find me now. ;-}

    ReplyDelete