Thursday, April 18, 2013

E-Mailing Blog Notices

The past few months I have been sending out E-Mails to individuals who have requested to let them know when I update the Blog. This seemed to keep them updated just fine, but it also gave me yet another function to do when posting a blog.

Well, you may call me lazy if you wish, but I’m going to STOP sending out these notices. Eye rolling smile

For all those wishing to be notified of my postings, you can subscribe via email here on the blog.

Follow Blog

Just under our photo is a link to add your email address. Don’t forget to click on the “Submit” button. From there on you will be sent an email after every new post on the Blog.

I have noticed that this will not take you to the Blog itself. It just sends you an email of the latest post. Another thing I noticed is that if I include a “Slideshow” of photo’s, you won’t be able to see them.

So I might suggest that you copy the Blog site address and bookmark it, or save it on your computer. When you receive an email with the update you will be able then to go to the Blog site.

I hope this won’t inconvenience anyone, if so, send me a comment and I’ll be in touch with you. Smile

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

5 comments:

  1. You might try publicizing your RSS feed. Even though Google is discontinuing their RSS reader later in the year there are a lot of other options for places you can read all your subscribed to blogs in one place. I use MAC -- and for me Vienna is my solution but there are a lot of others for Macs and PCs. Your RSS feed is how I see your posts every time you write.


    Cheers,
    Peter
    A retired photographer looks at life
    Peter Pazucha dot Com
    Life Unscripted on Wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Peter, I also added two links that one could choose. One for the posts, the other for comments.

    I have started to use "Feedly" as my new reader. Doing some web research it was noted that it was a great reader to take the place of Google Reader. I agree.

    With your wisdom Peter, I am now following your blog. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just get updates of your blog on my dashboard. I don't like those email things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good move, Fred. I've had that 'Subscribe' feature on my blog for a few years now but I have absolutely no idea if anyone has ever used it. I suppose I could find out somehow - one more little thing to check out.

    ReplyDelete