Monday, May 6, 2013

Let the Killing Begin!

That’s it! I’ve been ready to take on the lawn weeds for two years, and today I’ve decided to let the killing begin!

I don’t know what you call these. But I call them weeds. I guess they are some kind of ground cover that was planted by my previous neighbor about 20 years ago. Our new neighbor Randy has managed to conquer them, but I still have some in the lawn.

Weeds in lawn

This morning Wilma and I went to Menards to purchase the weapons of choice, along with other items needed. I chose the Ultra Stop Lawn Weed Killer. I have never used this product before, but according to the instructions I should see some results within 24 hours.

P5060794-001

If you noticed from the photo of the lawn above, I also have a living bug enemy. The Grub! In fact I have a pretty bad infestation of grubs. So I also picked up some of this, Bayer Advanced Grub Killer Plus.

While at Menards we also bought our tomatoes for the garden, and a tray of jalapeño peppers. Wilma chose a flat of what looks like a type of moss roses, and a couple hanging planters.

Tomato Plants

P5050792

The first plan of attack was the weeds. Angry smileEach and every one of them got a shot of the liquid killer. In a week or so when the grubs become a little more active they will be feasting on the Grub Killer Plus. Hopefully my plan of attack will work. Fingers crossed

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

2 comments: