Monday, June 24, 2013

My New Toy Arrived Today

Today started with taking Wilma to our Eye Dr. As this was her first visit, I knew her eyes would be dilated and the sun was going to be shinning bright today. Her appointment was for 8am. We arrived 10 minutes early, but the office didn’t open until 8am sharp, so we waited in the lobby of the medical center building.

She signed in at 8am and within a few minutes she was called back to the exam room. Within 20 minutes she returned to the waiting area to wait for her eyes to become completely dilated. We waited, watched other patients come in after us and leave. Then around 9:20 am she was called back to be examined by the Dr. Needless to say, she was not very happy with the excessive wait.

From his office we made a stop at Kohl's. Seems there was a ladies bag she needed for our upcoming trip this week end to Mackinaw Island. Afterward there was a stop made at the  IHOP Restaurant for a lunch. Leaving the restaurant after a great lunch, we headed to our Chiropractor. Wilma has been having trouble the last few days with her neck and she was in need of an adjustment. Which went real well by the way.

By the time we arrived back home it was noon. I was told that my new toy would be delivered between noon and 1pm. Around 12:15pm the delivery of my new toy was made.

My New Toy!

I’ve been looking at several makes and models both at our local stores, Lowes and Home Depot for several weeks now. Also doing my homework on the internet. I made the choice for the Toro. Home Depot didn’t have the SS 3200 model so I headed for Bourlier and Sons Outdoor Equipment. I have purchased several lawn mowers and a snow blower from them before, and am very satisfied with their service and prices. In fact on the model I picked out they were the same as what Home Depot was charging.

Rear Bagger Kit includes a special blade and weight for the front.

The only experience I have had on a rider mower is the tractor versions. My brother advised me that I should seriously look at purchasing a Zero Turn mower unless I was planning on buying attachments like a snow blade or snow blower in the future. I took his advice and am glad I did.

How can you not like this toy!

There is a warning issued here. These machines take a little getting used to. They are nothing like the lawn “tractor” versions. Disappointed smile

I drove it up and down the driveway getting the feel of the two control arms. And does it ever take practice getting used to those control arms!

Smooth, quiet running 16 HP Engine

It kind of got me to thinking how it was like the first time I got behind the steering wheel of my Dad’s ‘56 Chevy with a standard transmission. I didn’t stall the engine but I was all over the drive way going in the opposite way I thought it was going to go. I wish now that Wilma would have had the video camera taking a video of me. Sending it in to Funniest Home Video’s, I just know it would have been a $100,000.00 winner! Even after cutting the entire lawn, I’m still not 100% confident with myself on it. I’m actually looking forward to the next time the lawn needs mowing. Maybe in a day or two ? Winking smile

Until next time, be safe and God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome machine. I think I have lawn mower envy.
    To my way of thinking I'd sooner buy a lawn mower from an independent place that can then also service it if need be. Can't see that happening at Home Despot.
    I bought my Toro from a small shop here in town. He's been around for years, and knows his stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I have always waned on of those. Now that we have a big yard again, I thought maybe-but no luck, we negotiated the deal with the riding lawn mover of the first owner:(

    ReplyDelete