Thursday, June 6, 2013

Tomato Plants, Lawn Furniture and Birds

I noticed this years first Tomato blossoms on the plants. That’s good to see as just last week we did have a frost. Some of the tomato plants were showing signs of frost damage, with the lower leaves turning yellow and brown.

Some frost damage, but now has a blossom

First blossoms

So it looks like this years plans for many jars of homemade Salsa will be fulfilled. Smile

I finally was able to find time to finish painting our Cast Iron yard furniture. It only took me about 3 weeks since I power washed them. Embarrassed smile

Old Cast Iron yard furniture just after a good power washing.

It looks a little more presentable now with a fresh coat of paint and in our “Studio” as a neighbor kid refers to this area.

Cast Iron bench and chair after paint

Didn’t notice it when I took the photo, but my patio is a mess! I’m going to have to get busy on it.

As I was taking the photo of the furniture, a small bird flew into the old bird house located just to the left of the bench.

Our Old Bird house, now has a finch nest inside

Nest material inside

I stood there waiting to get a look at him but the bird didn’t come out. They are slightly larger than the bright yellow finches we normally see, and has a great song he sings. I found this photo on the web of what I think he is.

Our tenant in birdhouseUntil next time, be safe and God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. The only thing wrong with the wrought iron furniture is the upkeep:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to look for the bird in my Audubon Society Field Guide of N A Birds....could not identify. It is a pretty bird and love your photo.

    ReplyDelete