Friday, November 22, 2013

The last of the leaves.

At least that's what I'm hoping for anyway. Couple of days ago I went over to dad's house and cleaned up his entire yard of all the leaves. Then I came home and cleaned up my yard of all the leaves.

7 Plastic containers and 5 Bags of Leaves.My aging body and especially my bad hip let me know that I over did it. So afterward I sat on the recliner taking it easy, looking out the window every once in a while at a job well done.

I did notice that my neighbor, Randy, hasn't picked up his leaves in over a week. This is unlike  Randy as he is usually very meticulous on getting his yard cleaned up. Another day went by and his leaves still were not picked up so I told Wilma I was going to clean up his yard for him .
It didn't take me but a couple of hours and his yard was cleaned of all leaves. Do I ever love my zero turn lawnmower!

Rear Bagger Kit includes a special blade and weight for the front.
Later that evening Wilma saw Randy out in his yard and mentioned to him that I cleaned up his leaves for him as a favor. He was so appreciative and told  her that the reason he hadn't got to them was because by the time he arrives home from work it's too dark to work outside. Sometimes a little favor goes a long way, and I didn’t mind doing it at all.

Now that the outdoor work is completed it's time to get ready for the Thanksgiving holiday. We are expecting about 22 members of the family for dinner this Thursday. After the feast it will be nice to sit around, talk with family and get caught up on their busy lives.

Until next time, be safe and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment