Monday, January 6, 2014

Fridge Problems

Woke up this morning, opened the fridge and noticed right away something is wrong! It’s way too warm, checked the temperature and found it was up to 58 degrees!

Immediately went outside with my tools to check on the fridge. Found that the electric element that heats the ammonia refrigerant was not working. So I switched it over to gas. It didn’t work either. I knew why it wouldn’t fire up, I hadn’t cleaned the burner in several years.

P1060005 The photo above shows why it wouldn’t light. After cleaning the burner and re-assembling everything, I turned the fridge back on Gas and it fired right up. Within an hour the temps were back to the normal 38 degrees.  I placed a repair call to Ellis’ RV on site repair. He comes with very high recommendations, and should be by tomorrow to replace the heater element or control board in the fridge.

My second “Job” to accomplish today was clean the tire covers. They were on the tires all summer getting the full impact of the Florida sun and rain.

P1060006 Here is the “before” and “after” cleaning photo. After cleaning they were placed back on the tires to protect them from the sun’s rays.

That’s it for today, it’s “Happy Hour” now with Gary and Greg. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment