Sunday, March 9, 2014

An MRI and a New Hip

The pain going down my right leg was terrible beyond terrible. Wilma had to take me to the Emergency Room on the 26th. of February. An X=Ray, Morphine shot, and I was admitted. Many more tests were taken including an MRI.

Dad Ready The MRI showed that I also had a Herniated Disc, which was touching the nerve, giving me all the pain down my right leg. Meetings were between the Neurologist and my hip replacement Dr. It was determined that the hip needed to be replaced ASAP. The date scheduled for hip surgery was Tuesday March 4th.

I returned to my room  after a 3 hour surgery around 8PM. It wasn’t until around 1AM when the pain returned from the Sciatica Nerve. And it came back with at least 100 times worse pain! The nurse scrambled to inject a medication to relieve the pain, a pain I never want to experience again.

Dad standing A few days later the pain is under control with pills I take every 4 hours. It was almost hard to determine which pain I was feeling at first, the Sciatica pain or surgery pain, as both are in the right leg. I believe the Sciatica pain is much worse than the surgery pain.

I was released from the hospital on Friday. Saturday morning was a much better day as I did get a full night sleep. We all know that it is a rule in all hospitals that patients cannot have a full night sleep right? :) The late afternoon I met the home nurse that will be checking on me for several weeks a couple days a week. The physical exercise person should be in touch with me tomorrow hopefully to start my PE on the right leg. I sure hope the pain from the nerve doesn’t interfere with that.

The future of the nerve pain is still unclear. I guess time will tell if it eases up by itself or if I will have to follow up with more Doctors.

Thank you to all who have kept me in their prayers, as I know everything is in His control.

3 comments:

  1. Lets hope you can get over the disc pain without further invasive procedures.... But at least you are well on your way to getting back to more normal things... Hang in there, there has to be better days ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Grandmother in Texas has been worrying about you! So glad the replacement went well and pray you can get the back and nerve taken care of as well. Thanks for posting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how sweet you are Vadam. Thank you for your concern. Like Rod Ivers said, "better days ahead". Plus, God has been answering our prayers!

      Delete