Sunday, March 30, 2014

Where Would We Be Without Family?

Wilma tells me that every day I’m getting just a little bit better in my venture of healing from the total hip replacement and the Sciatic Nerve pinch. I’m anxious to feeling better much faster than I am, so to me it seems like it’s taking forever to heal. This Tuesday it will be 4 weeks since the hip replacement. I have to say though that I am walking with the cane more than the walker.

Last Saturday my Sister Catherine fixed us a meatloaf dinner. Delicious and it sure helped Wilma out by giving her a night off of preparing a dinner for us. Then Wednesday our daughter Tina prepared a spaghetti dinner for us.

Friday I underwent an Epidural injection to relieve the Sciatic Nerve pain going down the left leg and foot. So far I would give it about a 50% improvement, but still a ways to go to get rid of it completely. Hopefully without surgery.

Tonight my Brother Ken and his wife Margie are coming over with a roast dinner for the 4 of us. Daughter Angel has been phoning daily checking on us and drops by about every other day. We are truly blessed for having family as we have.

This week I have to sign up for Physical Therapy. I don’t know how much I will endure with the Sciatic pain still hampering me. But the muscles around the new hip must be exercised and stretched to get them strong again.

Thanking everyone for their continued prayers and well wishes.

1 comment: